Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Thank You Card!

Some people who know me, know that I have a small obsession with penguins! If it wasn't 100+ here in Texas, I might consider getting one... ya,  I wish! But since I can't have a real one, the next best thing is a penguin shaped card that had an itunes gift card in it. What a great gift for me!! One of my co-workers gave that to me as a Christmas present, but I didn't get it until I went back to work after the holidays.

I found a new card that I have been wanting to make,
so I made my co-worker this thank you card.


The paper is a pack of Recollections, from Michael's.

I used the Create a Critter cartridge for my penguins- only my favorite cartridge!
I have been using my Gypsy for all of the cutting, so I apologize for not knowing the size of them.

Can you believe that this was my first time to ever sew, much less thread a needle?? Yep, that's right, I've never learned to sew, but I did sew on these buttons. I think I'm a natural!

I also used yellow bakers twine from The Twinery. I love this stuff so much!

I cut the red rectangles and used my cuttlebug to emboss them. They added just enough.
Of course I had to put a little bit of bling on it, so I used some stickles in Christmas red on the penguins scarf. I also used wobbly eyes.


This is the inside of the card. I cut out a bigger penguin and then added some swirlies using a stamp from Stamps by Judith. I LOVE her stamps! I also embossed the red pieces on the inside of the card and then used some orange ribbon.


Here is a close up of the swirl stamps and my cute penguin!
(Sorry for the blurry pictures, but my camera isn't very good)


Here is how to create this kind of card:

Cut a piece of paper 4 1/2" inches by 11".
Score across at 3" and 8".
It will overlap a bit.

Pretty simple!!!

Thanks for looking and happy scrappin'!

--Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment