Friday, December 10, 2010

FINALLY Some Christmas Cards

It feels so good to be back in my room scrappin'! It's been about 6 or 7 weeks since I sat in my room and had time to create. I decided that this year I would make all different cards to send out to family and friends as opposed to one card done multiple times... call me CrAzY I know!

So far, here is what I have created... enjoy!

Frosty Kisses 

The card is 5x7.
The snowman and "frosty kisses" were cut from
the Winter Woodland cartridge using my Gypsy.
Frosty's buttons are rinestones and I used my i-rock tool.
The background paper is from the
My Minds Eye paperpack, Wonderful Winter.

Snow Flake Scraps

I made this card with all scraps as a personal challenge.
It is a pretty simple card, but that was the point.
It does say Merry Christmas in the bottom corner,
 but my camera isn't very good and you can't really see it.

The card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (odd size, HA).
I used a new product, Sheer Shimmer Spritz, by Tsukineko, purchased at Joann's
to give it the snow spritzed look. The rinestones are from i-rock (my favorite tool right now).
I cut the snowflakes out with my Gypsy with scrap papepr from the 'Frosty Kisses' card.

The True Meaning of Christmas

I made this card specificlly for my mother- in- law who collects nativity scenes.
This card is bigger than most, probably because it has the most important message on it.
The nativity scene are chipboard pieces from K & Company that I purchased from Michaels.

The size of the card is 8 1/4" x 5 1/4".
I cut the Noel out from the Winter Woodland cartridge using my Gypsy.
The Merry Christmas stamp is darker in person, but once again my camera...
maybe Santa will bring me a new one since I've been so so good this year!

Tis the Season!


This is the first 'step card' that I have made and I must say, it turned out really cute!
I think I will be making more of these, it was time consuming but easy.
 I will create a seperate post on how to create a step card.

I used my Gypsy and Winder Frolic to cut out the Christmas tree and the title, and Christmas Cards (seasonal cartridge) for the snowflakes at different sizes.
I used the shadow feature on the tree and title, and I really think it makes it pop!
The border at the bottom is from K & Company and I used pop dots to adhere it.
You can see the same paper from the Frosty Kisses card that I used for the middle step.
And the blue snow flake paper is Reminisce, "First Snow" collection.

Thanks for taking a look at my first batch of Christmas cards. Come back soon for more Christmas inspiration and a "how to" guide for making a step card.

Happy Scrappin' and Cricuting!

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment